Our goal is to have an atmosphere where learning can occur at the highest levels. We ask students to dress respectfully to represent our school, but also to respect themselves. If something prevents learning from occurring at school pertaining to dress, parents will be notified. Below is the current policy:
- All clothing should be appropriate without offensive pictures or words.
- Hats may not be worn in the building unless approved by the principal.
- Clothing must not have inappropriate holes or tears.
- Underwear should not show.
- All shirts MUST have sleeves and cover the midriff and belly button.
- Dresses, skirts and shorts must be mid-thigh length.
- Leggings may be worn under dresses, skirts and shorts but may not be worn alone as pants.
- We prefer for shorts to be worn under dresses and skirts if possible for recess or PE time.
- Shorts or pants must be at the waist and not sag.
- Coats must be removed inside the building unless approved by the teacher.
- Tennis shoes are the preferred shoe for JRES. This helps keep students safe.
- Flip flops, or heels are not allowed.
- Any other shoe that is dangerous will be addressed individually.
Parents will be notified in writing if there is a violation of the dress code. If a student is dressed inappropriately, causing a distraction, is unsafe, or creating a disruption at school, parents will be notified.